ENABLE BLOB CACHING
BLOB Caching is a feature that serializes large objects to disk on the Web Front Ends to avoid database round-tripping. BLOB Caching would prove beneficial for those who work with large file sizes as this improves page delivery time as cache stores files on front-end server and reduces database traffic. To enable BLOB Caching you need to edit the web.config file and changes will be applied to all site collections within the web application.
• Open web.config file of the Establishments Web Application.
• In the web.config file, find the line starting: 'Blobcache location = '
• Change enabled parameter, from "false" to "true"
• Replace the section:
• This means that when enabled on Live the size of the Blob cache on the WFes must be monitored. If the size exceeds 10GB then the Blob size will have to be increased
• Save the file, and close the file
• IISReset to enable the cache (MS state this is not necessary)
• The account used to manage the files is the account used as the App Pool ID (svcmossappid) – this folder must have ACLs that grant full privilege to this account (Modify rights)